Hi, Hande here!
I have been a sports enthusiast my whole life. Growing up I was given the opportunity to play and just be. So, play I did:) I experimented with different kinds of sports, both at the individual and team level. I just loved and still today love moving my body. While free-style swimming competitively as a teenager, I also took an interest in gymnastics, tennis, and even beach volley—despite being vertically challenged.
My years of active living taught me the importance of practicing science-based, safe movement. So I decided to take it to the classroom and learned a bit about biomechanics, kinesiology and all the other fun stuff. The more I learn about the human body, the more fascinated I become and more grateful I am for what my body can do.
I believe that movement with awareness is an essential component of any physical activity. What is your body telling you today?
Throughout my thirties, I lived in New York City and had the opportunity to learn and work with the best of what the fitness community can offer. I traveled around the globe, visited more than 50 countries for fun and to study. Now I reside in Barcelona, Spain, where I instantly connected with and embrace the vibrant and positive community. Let’s get fit!
Studies and certifications
- American Council on Exercise (ACE), Personal Trainer Certification- August 2014
- American Council on Exercise (ACE), Weight Management Specialist Certification- November 2014
- American Council on Exercise (ACE), Pre-Post Natal Exercise Specialist- May 2015
- American Council on Exercise (ACE), Post Orthopedic Recovery Exercise Specialist- September 2019
- American Heart Association CPR AED Certification- from April 2014 (renewed annually)
- Focus Personal Training Institute, Diploma in Personal Training Theory & Application, New York, USA, 2014
- New York City Shape-Up Group Fitness, Certificate from Instructor Training Program, New York, USA, 2014
- New York University, Center for Global Affairs, Graduate Certificate in Global Affairs, New York, 2010
- University of Istanbul, Department of Literature, Istanbul, Turkey, B.A. degree in Literature, 2001
(2015- Present) At my special home studio, I have had the privilege to work with people from all walks of life. Athletes, sports enthusiasts, pregnant women, new moms, people with injuries, and two little boys (who love to climb).
Fizyotek Plus, Fizyotek, Nişantaşı Istanbul, Turkey
(2014- 2015) Personal Trainer. At this premier physical therapy center, I provided corrective exercise services to clients, shared with physical therapists, who were recovering from or lived with musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses, such as physical trauma, sports-related injuries, chronic pain, scoliosis, multiple sclerosis, and valvular heart disease and pre/post-natal clients.
NYC Shape-Up, New York, USA
(2014) Group Fitness Instructor. For the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, I taught boot camp class once a week to community members of all ages, with emphasis on behavior change for sedentary lifestyles.
24 Hour Fitness, New York, USA
(2014) Personal Trainer. At this flagship location in the heart of SoHo, I trained both high-functioning athletes and individuals living with chronic diseases.
First 30-minute free consultation
In a 30-minute free consultation session, I will be conducting various comprehensive tests to evaluate the health status & level of fitness of the client. This includes postural assessment from head to toe, which is essential in creating an injury-free and unique program, working with pre/existing or acute conditions, or managing injuries or pain at all levels